Club Development Officer wanted - SMRH
Stewarts Melville Royal High Cricket Club (SMRHCC), an Edinburgh based Cricket Club, are now seeking a Club Development Officer / Lead Coach for 2015/2016.
This is an exciting opportunity to help lead one of Edinburgh’s biggest cricket clubs by developing both the large junior and senior playing memberships. The successful applicant will be required to be a key member of the senior 1st X1 management group, act as lead coach and run all aspects of Club coaching, including the development of junior age group plans, individual player improvement programmes and the promotion of the Club’s development culture.
Club Information :
- 4 Senior X1s - all playing in the East of Scotland Leagues, plus midweek social X1
- Junior X1s at under 18, 15, 13, 11, 10 and 9
- Girls cricket launched in season 2015
- In season 2015, the Senior and Junior teams played over 150 matches
- Playing membership is now approximately 250 across Senior and Junior sections
Contract Core Hours :
- The appointment will initially be to the end of the 2016 season
- Sunday and Wednesday evenings during Winter - 5 hours per week
- Weekday evenings during Summer - 12 hours per week
- Additional periodic day time work may be required from time to time at local schools
- Attendance and participation with club 1st XI on Saturdays, some Sundays and occasional midweek dates
- Easter and Summer cricket camps (3 x 5 day courses)
Additional earning opportunities:
- 1:2:1 coaching for Club members
Remuneration : negotiable
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum of ECB Level 2 Coaching Qualification or equivalent.
- First Aid and child protection qualifications.
- Satisfactory Disclosure Scotland / PVG Check, or UK equivalent
Required Skills :
- Experience of working with children between the ages of 8 to 18 years old.
- Proven track record of delivering structured coaching programmes.
- Experience in working with other coaches to help deliver coaching programme.
- Proven current cricketing ability of at least 1st XI club standard
Apply in writing with a copy of your CV and no more than 500 words on what makes you suited to the role of Club Development Officer / Lead Coach for SMRH Cricket Club.
Applicants should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 9th October 2015