Job Vacancy Dundee & Angus Community Development Coach
Cricket Scotland on behalf of Dundee & Angus Cricket is recruiting to the post of Community Development Coach.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of working in sports development and working with various partners, developing core sporting activities, increasing and maintaining the number of young people participating in cricket particularly at clubs. The role will work to support and deliver the outcomes of the regions long term plans.
The successful candidate will need to be passionate about and committed to the development of cricket at a local level.
Candidates must demonstrate both team and individual working skills. They must have experience of managing projects and events to demonstrate sound planning and organisational skills.
Candidates must show excellent communication, presentation and IT skills. Applicants must hold a full driving licence and be willing to work evenings and weekends.
For this role, it would be advantageous if you have knowledge and experience of sports development at grassroots level and an appreciation of the education sector, voluntary sport and recruitment.
The post is for an initial 24 months fixed term, and will be reviewed after the initial period subject to future funding. The post will serve a six month probation period.
For further information on the role please contact Ian Shaw, Regional Participation Manager (Central, Angus, Fife & Dundee) email@example.com Mob: 07825172344
Job Title: Community Development Coach
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience (24 month contract, with a view to extension subject to funding)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Flexible)
Cricket Scotland on behalf of Dundee & Angus Cricket is recruiting to the post of Community Development Coach to support and deliver the outcomes of the regions long term plans. The post is supported by Cricket Scotland, Forfarshire C.C. Dundee H.S.F.P.C.C., Arbroath United C.C., Montrose C.C. Brechin C.C., Strathmore C.C.
1. Job Purpose and Focus
Job purpose including main duties and responsibilities:
1. Player Pathway – Increase numbers of children including girls within club junior sections
2. Schools Engagement – Work with schools to embed cricket within the schools sporting provision
3. Competition – Increase opportunities for inter / intra school cricket
This will result from a work programme with key responsibilities to:
A. Organise, plan and deliver a programme of high quality cricket sessions and competitions across the region.
B. Work closely with key local partners, sporting agencies and individuals in both voluntary and professional sectors to:
* Plan, deliver and review high quality cricket / multi skills / core movement coaching session that are young person focused.
* Support the development of the wider pool of teachers and sports coaches by mentoring and / or tutoring both formally and informally.
* Actively support local cricket clubs with development programmes
* Actively support the transition of young people from school to community cricket clubs by, for example the establishment of after school clubs and facilitating school-club links.
Provide formal written reports and ensure that all monitoring and evaluation is undertaken as directed.
The successful post holder will be:
* Committed to your own personal professional development
* Represent Cricket Scotland and Dundee & Angus Cricket in a positive and professional manner at all times.
* Ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself and participants and other at all times.
* Conduct sessions in accordance with the appropriate CS / ECB guidelines and good practice.
* Conduct sessions in accordance with the policy of Cricket Scotland and its partners where appropriate.
* Take part in other activities as required.
* Perform all duties in an equitable manner and to actively promote the principles of equality amongst colleagues, partners and service users.
* Conform to actively commit to and promote Cricket Scotland’s values both with internal and external ‘customers’ when using any communication.
2. Supervision and Work Planning
The community development coach will be employed by Cricket Scotland and line managed by regional participation manager (Central, Angus, Fife & Dundee) and the chair of Dundee & Angus Cricket.
3. Qualifications and Experience
* Working knowledge of school to club links in cricket development pathways.
* At least two years’ experience as a cricket coach to UKCC Level 2 standard (or overseas equivalent).
* Experience of working in a school setting
* Experience of working with recreational sports clubs
* Understanding of partnership working and able to create strong and sustainable links with contacts throughout the area.
* Effective communicator
* Excellent leadership skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent administrative skills and evidence of project work
* Computer literate and effective user of excel, powerpoint and other Microsoft programmes
* Child protection trained or, commitment to achieving this within a short period of time
* First aid trained or, commitment to achieving this within a short period of time.
* A member of the PVG scheme
* Ability to travel independently between sites (full and valid UK driving licence)
* Hold a UKCC level 3 qualification
* Understand the Cricket Scotland player pathway
* Experience of coaching on elite player programmes
* Experience of working on cricket specific projects
* Experience of teaching / coaching cricket at all ages
* Experience of managing a cricket programme and mentoring of club coaches
This job description only contains the principle accountabilities / main duties relating to this post and does not describe in detail all of the duties required to carry them out.
The post holder will be expected to work evenings and weekends as and when required.
If you would like to be considered for the post then please complete a letter of application (no more than two pages of A4) and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ian Shaw Regional Participation Manager – Central, Angus, Fife & Dundee)
Closing Date : 5th September
For an informal discussion please contact Ian Shaw - 07825172344