Lead Administrator - Forth Valley
Cricket Forth Valley (CFV) in partnership with Cricket Scotland have an exciting opportunity for a Lead coach/administrator to head up the CFV Regional Girls/Womens Development Centre. This role will focus on growing participation programmes across the area for girls and women. The candidate will be responsible for planning, managing, developing and delivering specific participation programmes throughout various settings in schools and clubs across Forth Valley. The aims of this position are introducing, developing and retaining more female participants in the game in the Forth Valley Area.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in delivering participation programmes, including a strong record in coaching young people. They will need to show how they have developed participation programmes through innovation and creative thinking.
We are looking for a self-motivated, positive team-player with organisational skills and a willingness to learn and develop their current skill set.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skill, in both written and verbal articulation.
The ideal person must be flexible and willing to work in response to operational needs.
The Forth Valley Area includes the Local Authorities of Clackmannan, Falkirk and Stirling and coaching will be in schools and clubs in this geographic area of central Scotland.
1. To raise the profile of women and girls cricket and increase the number of women and girls playing cricket.
2. Lead the development, organisation, planning and delivery of the Forth Valley Girls Regional Development Centre
3. Lead winter and summer coaching sessions
4. To develop partnerships between schools, colleges, hubs/clubs & the community
5. To build positive relationships between club and school coaches as well as with other cricket / sport professionals and volunteers across Forth Valley.
6. To help deliver a clear pathway for players to develop and compete. Where required to take the lead in running teams.
7. To develop opportunities for women and girls to become coaches and officials
1. To attend regular meetings associated with the role.
2. To work at all times in a professional manner.
3. To pursue relevant personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the role.
4. To work with the Forth Valley Development committee to support the development of cricket for women & girls, and maintain effective links with cricket clubs/schools, Cricket Scotland and all other relevant partners.
The post applicant should hold:
* UKCC Level 2 or equivalent
* PVG certificate
* First Aid; - Certificate of Attendance
* Safeguarding course; – Certificate of Attendance
* Full UK driving Licence and access to a car for work
Experience, Skills & Abilities
* motivated coach able to lead by example.
* experience in planning and organising activities.
* Able to work well in a team as well as independently.
* Good IT skills, including use of social media to produce marketing material.
* Able to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends.
* Self-motivated and able to inspire and enthuse others.
* Act as a positive role model for Women’s & Girls cricket development.
* Energetic, enthusiastic and a good communicator.
* Willing to attend relevant training and pursue enhanced qualifications.
* Experience of working with females in sport and increasing participation.
* Experience of building partnerships & networks.
* Experience as a volunteer, manager, coach or leader of sports teams.
* Experience of organising events.
* Understanding of budgeting tools and processes.
Salary - £600 + travel expenses (50hrs) (candidates are expected to take responsibility for their own tax and N.I.) It is anticipated that the salary will increase in year 2 with added duties (90hrs).
Contract Length – 2 years
To apply for the above position, please send a CV and covering letter with two names of references who we can contact to firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob Ramsay (CFV Chair) email@example.com
Deadline for applications is – 1st April midday.