Women's Awards Report 2013
The Cricket Scotland Women’s Awards took place last Friday evening (11 October) at Stirling County Cricket Club.
Kari Carswell, Women’s Cricket Manager rounded up what has been a very busy 2013 at all levels on the game. Highlights of 2013 include;
- National League won by George Watson’s College after winning all 7 games.
- Scottish Cup won by Carlton Ladies CC after defeating Glasgow Accies in the final.
- 11 teams attended the girls kwik cricket festival that was held at Doo’cot Park, Perth in August.
- In 2013 there has been 3 indoor tournaments with 23 teams attending. All tournaments won by a different team!
- Regional series between the ‘Avengers’ and ‘Crusaders’ completed without a game washed out. Avengers win ‘series’ 5-1
- Development team play in the Arch Trophy Competition held in the UAE.
The award winners on the evening were;
U17 Bowler – Briony Gillin
U17 Batter – Kathryn Bryce
U17 Players Player – Kathryn Bryce
Senior Bowler – Kathryn White
Senior Batter – Rachel Scholes
Senior Fielder – Abbi Aitken
Most Improved – Kirstie Gordon
Players Player – Fi Urquhart
Cricket Scotland would like to say thank you to all the coaches, players and volunteers who continue to work extremely hard to ensure that the girls and women’s domestic programme continues to develop and grow significantly.
2014 will be just as busy for all players. Indoor competitions start in November and national squads are already back in training preparing for the 2014 season.