Cricket Scotland Website Privacy Statement
Cricket Scotland is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to its website. This policy specifies how any personal information gathered from you will be treated. This policy governs and applies to your use of this website. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Cricket Scotland, National Cricket Academy, Ravelston, Edinburgh, EH4 3NT.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website at www.cricketscotland.com (“our site”), including information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further information and services. You may also be asked to provide information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Cricket Scotland and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Any information that you choose to send us via email or social networking tools such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Computer profile information
The Cricket Scotland website automatically detects information relating to the display properties of your computer. This information is collected in order to help understand the ways through which people access the site. This could help us in the future to better support different platforms such as, for example, mobile telephones and personal digital assistants (PDAs).
IP Addresses and Cookies
How the information is used
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer the website
- To ensure the optimum and effective presentation of content from our site for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have indicated consent to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about our site visitors' traffic patterns with partners or other parties. However, we do not sell or share any information about individual users.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
With regret, information transmitted over the internet is never completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data to the best of our abilities, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; therefore, any transmission is made at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Cricket Scotland does not store your credit card details. We use a third party, Sage Pay, to collect and process payments. Sage Pay is fully Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant and specialise in handling your online payments securely.
Disclosure of your information
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or assets which we are (or at contemplating) selling
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
In addition to Cricket Scotland’s safeguards specified herein, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary, and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data by Cricket Scotland you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct them promptly.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies if you follow a link to any of these websites. Please check the policies of each site visited before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you by Cricket Scotland. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00);
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your driving licence, passport or birth certificate certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
Cricket Scotland shall have no liability to you for any interruption or delay in access to this site, irrespective of the cause.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
National Cricket Academy
Tel: 0131 313 7420
Fax: 0131 313 7430