Fife Community Cricket (FCC) in partnership with Cricket Scotland have an exciting opportunity for a Lead coach/administrator to head up the Fife Regional Girls / Womens Development Centre. This role will focus on growing participation programmes across the area for girls and women.
The candidate will be responsible for planning, managing, developing and delivering specific participation programmes throughout various settings across Fife. The aims of this position are introducing, developing and retaining more female participants in the game in Fife.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in delivering participation programmes, including a strong record in coaching young people.
We are looking for a self-motivated, positive team-player with organisational skills and a willingness to learn and develop their current skill set.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skill, in both written and verbal articulation.
The ideal person must be flexible and willing to work in response to operational needs.
Applications outlining your suitability for the role, must be sent to Ian Shaw (Cricket Scotland Regional Participation Manager) email@example.com by 14th July 2017.
1. To raise the profile of women and girls cricket and increase the number of women and girls playing cricket.
2. Lead the development, organisation, planning and delivery of the Fife Girls Regional Development Centre
3. Lead winter and summer coaching sessions
4. To develop partnerships between, hubs/clubs & the community
5. To build positive relationships between clubs, coaches as well as with other cricket / sport professionals and volunteers across Fife.
6. To help deliver a clear pathway for players to develop and compete. Where required to take the lead in running teams.
7. To develop opportunities for women and girls to become coaches and officials
1. To attend regular meetings associated with the role.
2. To work at all times in a professional manner.
3. To pursue relevant personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the role.
4. To work with the Fife Development committee to support the development of cricket for women & girls, and maintain effective links with cricket clubs, Cricket Scotland and all other relevant partners.
Personal Specification Qualifications
The post applicant should hold:
* UKCC Level 2 or equivalent
* PVG certificate
* First Aid; – Certificate of Attendance
* Safeguarding course; – Certificate of Attendance
* Full UK driving Licence and access to a car for work
Experience, Skills & Abilities – Essential:
* motivated coach able to lead by example.
* experience in planning and organising activities.
* Able to work well in a team as well as independently.
* Good IT skills, including use of social media to produce marketing material.
* Able to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends.
* Self-motivated and able to inspire and enthuse others.
* Act as a positive role model for Women’s & Girls cricket development.
* Energetic, enthusiastic and a good communicator.
* Willing to attend relevant training and pursue enhanced qualifications.
* Experience of working with females in sport and increasing participation.
* Experience of building partnerships & networks.
* Experience as a volunteer, manager, coach or leader of sports teams.
* Experience of organising events.
* Understanding of budgeting tools and processes.
Salary – £12 per hour + travel expenses (candidates are expected to take responsibility for their own tax and N.I.)
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Ian Shaw (Cricket Scotland Regional Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org 07825172344.