This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach cricket sessions that are active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe.
An ECB Foundation I Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
- Role of an ECB Foundation I Coach
- What does coaching look like?
- Coaching fielding, bowling and batting
- Foundation principles – fielding, bowling and batting
- The coaching tools
- Purposeful sessions
- Active sessions
- Safe sessions
- Enjoyable sessions
Who is it for?
- Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
- 4 face-to-face modules lasting 3 hours each or 2 face-to-face days lasting 6 hours each
- 7 bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each
- 3 observed coaching opportunities during face-to-face modules and an online multiple choice questionnaire
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- PVG membership
For more information
Contact Cricket Scotland’s Workforce Development Manager David Bordes at firstname.lastname@example.org