As the national governing body for Cricket in Scotland and one of the senior associate nations in the world, Cricket Scotland is responsible for delivering high performance success (including the Scottish national teams), increasing participation and developing the game at all levels across all areas of society.
Cricket in Scotland, both women’s and men’s, is at a key stage on the journey towards becoming a mainstream, self-sustaining sport. We now need an exceptional leader to shape and deliver an ambitious new strategy that will propel Scotland to securing full International Cricket Council membership.
Working with the Board to finalise and implement a new Corporate Strategy, the focus will be:
- Significantly increasing Cricket Scotland’s commercial revenue, through the adoption of a strategic and targeted approach
- Developing Cricket Scotland’s internal capacity, capability and infrastructure to ensure it is fit for purpose for current and future needs
- Increasing participation and member/club engagement
- Continuing to improve performance of the National team and within the performance pathway
- Ensuring Cricket Scotland continues to embrace and promote broad and inclusive participation in the sport
We need a strategic leader with a track record of achievement through driving high performance. You will be able to demonstrate strong business and financial acumen and develop strategic and commercial partnerships. You should be comfortable leading from the front, adopting an engaging and inclusive approach with direct reports and the wider team. You should also be a credible and fluent communicator, willing to take centre stage as the driving force behind the future development of the game in Scotland.
A keen interest in sport (ideally cricket), and the ability and desire to adopt a hands-on approach when necessary are essential for the role.
This role presents a unique opportunity to lead a sport in Scotland in transition to the top level of a truly global game.
For more information on this exciting role please contact either Douglas Adam or Francesca Christophersen at Livingston James, our retained recruitment partner, on 0131 220 2209 or visit https://www.ljg-jobs.com/cricket-scotland/.