Cricket Scotland is launching an initiative to stimulate and encourage innovation and enterprise across cricket: #muchmorethancricket
It aims to accelerate and build on the considerable work which is already going towards developing new ways of engaging more people and broadening the appeal of cricket.
Malcolm Cannon, Chief Executive Officer of Cricket Scotland said: “Since I joined Cricket Scotland, I have been impressed with the innovation and enterprise across the sport. People developing different formats, often shorter and more engaging – it is all very exciting, and Cricket Scotland has played its part in this.”
I also think that we should do more to encourage new thinking within the sport at all levels, within Cricket Scotland, our clubs, our partners and among the wider game. Changes in people’s lifestyles, consumer habits and expectations and their use of digital media are creating challenges and opportunities. We have to be ready to overcome the first and exploit the latter.”
He added: “We are very keen to hear from anybody within and outside cricket with suggestions on how we can best support new ideas and initiatives to help grow cricket and its impact on society.”
Key areas for #muchmorethancricket include:
– Encouraging clubs to develop better relationships within their communities leading to more players, customers, partners and local people becoming involved
– Working with diverse groups across society to develop an even more inclusive and welcoming sport which is relevant to people’s lives
– Helping clubs to broaden their appeal and for their clubs to become hubs for their communities
– Developing relationships with community partners, from education, housing, youth and ethnic groups to engage new people
– Working across the sport to promote better use of social and digital marketing tools for communication
Cricket Scotland would like to hear your ideas, comments and thoughts. Please email email@example.com
The best ideas identified from the engagement campaign will be presented at the Cricket Scotland Club Forum on Saturday 24th March in Stirling.
Ian Sandbrook, Director of Participation at Cricket Scotland is managing the #muchmorethancricket programme supported by Svend Elkjaer of Sports Marketing Network.