There are currently no COVID-19 restrictions required for club cricket. Cricket Scotland would advice all clubs to continue to follow any Scottish Government advice on staying safe.
People who are symptomatic or identified as close contacts should follow Scottish Government and NHS guidance on self-isolation available at Scottish Government: Test & Protect. No one who is self-isolating should attend a sports facility or activity.
Cricket Scotland would recommend that clubs continue to demonstrate good practise in regards to hygiene to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
An e-learning module has been developed by sportscotland for Club COVID officers and COVID Monitors (see below).
These external resources from sportscotland, the Scottish Government and Health and Safety Executive will come in handy when planning to open your club back up.
From risk assessment templates to net booking terms and conditions, use these documents to help your club adapt and get ready for the cricket season.
Stay Safe, Protect Others, Save Lives
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards