preloader-img

It’s a Double For Scotland at ICC Awards of the Decade

Cricket Scotland @CricketScotland
December 27, 2020 6 months
It’s a Double For Scotland at ICC Awards of the Decade

Scotland’s national team captains Kathryn Bryce and Kyle Coetzer were yesterday named as the ICC Women’s and Men’s Associate Cricketers of the Decade .

The ICC Awards of the Decade, which recognises the best players across cricket over the past 10 years, involved for the first time the fans’ voice in selecting the winners across several categories.

The fan vote made up 10% of the voting, while votes from an expert panel made up the remaining 90% for some of the awards including the Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Decade and the Women’s Associate Cricketer of the Decade.

Three other Scots were nominated for the award; Sarah Bryce, for the women’s award and in the men’s award, Richie Berrington and Calum Macleod.

Commenting on the announcement, Scotland men’s captain Kyle Coetzer said “I am hugely honoured to have won this amazing award and it is something I will always cherish.

“To be recognised amongst an amazing field of candidates including some deserving Scots is very special.

“I can only say a massive thank you to everyone that has played a part and supported me on my journey to date and I look forward  to exciting times with Cricket Scotland and the growth of associate cricket,”

Scotland women’s captain Kathryn Bryce said “It is a real honour to receive this award. To see so many Scots nominated for the associate Awards was fantastic and shows how far we have come in the last few years.”

Cricket Scotland CEO Gus Mackay commented “We are incredibly proud of Kyle and Kathryn and on behalf of everyone within the Scottish cricket community, I would like to congratulate them both for this award.

“Associate cricket can be a tough environment for players to gain global recognition and these awards are a testament to their dedication and years of hard work that they have put in as both players and as captains of their respective national sides.”

Most Popular News

Latest Videos