Vacancy - CS Girls and Women`s Participation Manager
Job Title: Girls and Women`s Participation Manager
Responsible to: Director of Participation
Contract: Full-time, Salary £25,000-30,000 dependent on experience
Location: Base at Cricket Scotland Offices – Edinburgh
Significant domestic travel required
Advert and Context:
Cricket Scotland is the national sports governing body for cricket in Scotland overseeing the development and growth of the game from grassroots through to professional athletes competing on the world stage.
Cricket Scotland has the motivational aim of `Inspiring Scotland to Choose Cricket` as we seek to grow the reach and popularity of the sport to unprecedented levels. Key to this aim is engaging more women and girls` in cricket than ever before. We seek to grow female participation in cricket through our network of clubs and schools, and through innovative programmes and products that appeal to females of all ages.
The female game has experienced considerable growth in the last 5 years and this exciting role will be tasked with continuing this trend. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and experienced individual who can deliver across a wide range of key priorities and objectives. They will be a champion for female cricket, resilient and persistent, and be able to build partnerships across a wide range of stakeholders. They need to have strong experience in sports development, a track record of recruiting and retaining people in sport, and a passion for getting females participating.
Overall Aim of the Role:
- To grow female participation in cricket as players, supporters, volunteers, officials and administrators that significantly contributes to Cricket Scotland`s aim of a 20% increase in committed participants by 2020
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
This role requires:
- Understanding of female sport and the unique drivers and motivations for female participation
- Experience of working in sports development or similar field
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of a national programme
- Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Creative and independent thinker with no limitations
- Tenacious, driven and a passion for getting things done
- Knowledge of female cricket pathways within Scotland
- Passion for female sport
Should you wish to apply for the role please email your CV with a short covering statement to email@example.com prior to the closing date for applications on Wednesday 26th July 2016.
This position will involve regulated work with minors at times. Cricket Scotland has an open and positive stance on child protection, and therefore, all candidates will require PVG Scheme membership to be considered for the position.
Cricket Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age