Highlands Community Coach Vacancy
Community Cricket Coach (Part-Time)
Working as part of the Highland Cricket Development Group (herein after HCDG) to improve and develop the opportunities for the sport of cricket in the Highlands through provision of coaching sessions.
Working across various locations throughout Highland but specifically working with HCDG (the Group) member clubs
Salary: £15 per hour (plus mileage allowance)
The prime purpose of the job is to provide quality cricket coaching to young people of the Highlands.
Doing this the successful candidate will deliver the Group’s junior club, area representative and schools programme ensuring links between schools and local Clubs whilst supporting the Group and Cricket Scotland to promote and develop cricket throughout the Highlands working, specifically, in areas around existing a cricket clubs.
This post is funded in partnership with Cricket Scotland, Highland Cricket Develop Group,
Highland Cricket Clubs and grant-funding. The successful applicant will be jointly managed by
the Group Cricket Scotland’s Regional participation Manager for Grampian, Highlands and
This post involves regular evening and weekend working.
This post is and considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults,
under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be
required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer
of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
Closing Date: 9 April 2016
1. In conjunction with existing school sport structures and clubs promote, develop and deliver Kwik
Cricket and the National programmes in Primary schools.
2. To support and sustain the development of cricket club junior sections in the Highlands
3. To assist the Group and Cricket Scotland’s RPM in the identification, recruitment and support of
local cricket coaches and deliver or assist in delivery where appropriate Teacher/Leader/Coach
4. To organise and assist with the delivery of squad sessions for the Highland Area Group.
5. To be an active member and provide support where appropriate for the Highland Cricket
6. To support and promote cricket holiday programmes in conjunction with the Local Authority and
7. Any other duties as appropriate to the post.
Internal: Cricket Scotland Participation Team
External: Highland Cricket Development Group and constituent Clubs, Active Schools network, other funding agencies and youth groups.
Working Environment - Flexibility essential, evening and weekend work is an integral part of the post.
Must have access to a car and a clean driving licence.
For any informal enquiries or to receive a full copy of the role description and person specification please contact Cricket Scotland Regional Participation Manager
(Grampian, Highlands and Islands), Neil Cameron – firstname.lastname@example.org