Performance Analysis Placement – Cricket Scotland
Applicants: Cricket Scotland (CS) is looking for candidates who have a passion for cricket and who wish to become part of Cricket Scotland in this exciting period before the World Cup 2015.
CS is looking for candidates who are capable of working both in a team and as individuals on a part time basis. Playing/coaching background is preferable but not essential.
Assist in the operation of notational match analysis computer system (Twenty20) on match days, to gather and collate data and video files from the system for pre and post match presentations.
To perform additional filming of training and net sessions as well as help when any additional filming is required on match days.
- To assist in the capturing, cutting and editing of non Cricket Scotland matches to be used for match preparation and other coaching presentations.
- To assist in the production of analytical presentations for use pre and post match and during training.
- Assist in the gathering of statistical data from the team’s notational match analysis computer system (Twenty20) on match days, and collate this data.
- To assist or carry out any relevant data acquisition during training and net sessions as well as help when any additional data gathering is required on match days.
- To assist in the gathering of statistical data for use in pre and post match analytical presentations and assist in the production of these statistical reports for presentation to the team and coaches.
- To assist in the gathering of statistical data for use in pre and post season previews, reviews and research, into trends in competition, oppositions and individuals and to also use data to explore team KPIs.
- Maintain and update the long term databases and data records to ensure coaching and support staff can have easy access to information for future reference.
Please note that the list above is not exhaustive and duties may be added or removed at the discretion of the staff.
Point of contact
Please email a short cover letter and CV to:-
Toby Bailey, Lead Performance Analyst and Fielding Coach, Cricket Scotland
Please be aware that Cricket Scotland is not in a position to fund this work placement and, as such, students need to meet all their own living costs.
Cricket Scotland would however cover any costs incurred whilst travelling.