Scotland arrive in Hobart
Scotland’s cricketers arrived in Hobart yesterday after their long haul flight from Glasgow on Monday evening.
The team were greeted by members of the local media as they arrived at their hotel before taking part in interviews and a photo shoot at the nearby harbour.
Preparations are now in full-swing for the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup in February and March next year, where they will play co-hosts, Australia, at the Blundstone Arena.
Their current tour is a great opportunity to get used to local conditions and are busy preparing for their two one day matches against Tasmania on Monday (Twin Ovals) and Thursday (Anzac Park) next week.
On arrival coach Grant Bradburn spoke to The Mercury, Without sharing secrets, our motto is when we are at work, we work hard and when we aren’t we intend to relax and enjoy each other’s company and also enjoy the surroundings of where we are,” Bradburn said.
“It is a privilege to play for your country and travel the world and we will make sure we enjoy that.
“These guys don’t get together too often, they are hugely proud of playing for their country.
“The other thing is we want to engage with our community, there are so many people with Scottish ancestry both here and in New Zealand.
“Wherever we can we want to connect with them, we have two important games here and we would love nothing more than to tip one of the teams over when we come back.”
Scotland’s Tour Fixtures:
- 29 September: Tasmanian Tigers v Scotland, Kingston Twin Ovals, Hobart
- 2 October: Tasmanian Tigers v Scotland, Anzac Park, Hobart
- 9 October: Queensland Academy of Sport 2XI v Scotland, Scorchers CC, Maroochydore
- 15 October: New Zealand XI v Scotland, Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln
- 17 October: Canterbury v Scotland, Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- 20 October: Wellington v Scotland, Lincoln
- 22 October: Otago v Scotland, Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln