Coach Education 2013
It is the aim of Cricket Scotland’s Coach Education Team that every player in Scotland has the opportunity to receive quality coaching from qualified coaches who realises and understands the playing needs of the players they are working with.
Cricket Scotland provides a programme of courses that meet the needs of coaches and leaders, including those starting out on the coaching journey, through to supporting those coaches who aspire to work in High Performance.
Why develop as a coach?
Coach Education isn’t just about qualifying and receiving a certificate, this is just a step in the coaching journey. To ensure that your players continue to develop it is important that you as a coach continue to develop. There are many ways you can develop as a coach:
- Taking the next step on the UKCC coaching pathway
- Attending a Cricket Scotland development course
- Joining the ECB Coaches Association
- Attending a generic coach development course ran by local authority sports development team, Active Schools or sportscotland partnership team.
- Subscribing to the many Coaching Blogs and newsletters.
Cricket Scotland’s team of Regional Participation Managers can assist you develop through the Coach Observation Scheme
2013/14 Coach Education Calendar
We will be releasing the 2013/14 Coach Education programme in late spring and this will provide details of the courses we are offering, course content and how to book onto them.
Coach education Newsletter